Dental Bonding in Kirkland, WA
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is also called composite bonding and is a cosmetic dentistry treatment used to enhance your smile. During the procedure, tooth-colored resin material will be applied to the damaged, misaligned, or misshapen teeth to change the color, shape, or size.
Am I a Candidate For Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding will be recommended by our cosmetic dentist if you need to make the following improvements to your smile:
- Fix discolored teeth
- Conceal cracks or chips in your teeth
- Close gaps between teeth
- Change the shape of your teeth
- Improve the esthetics of your teeth
Advantages of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding offers many benefits to help you achieve a near-perfect smile.
- One of the more affordable cosmetic dental procedures available.
- It does not require enamel removal and is less invasive than dental crowns and veneers which require significant tooth alteration.
- Can be completed in one office visit, unlike other cosmetic procedures which require multiple appointments.
- Can conceal gaps, chip cracks, and discoloration.
What is the Dental Bonding Process?
Dental X-rays will be conducted and your teeth and gums will be examined to ensure your eligibility for the procedure. If you have any oral health issues, you’ll have to treat them first before the procedure. The dental bonding procedure can take about 30 to 60 minutes per tooth.
During your dental bonding procedure, your dentist will:
- Select a tooth-colored shade that matches other teeth
- Preparation of your tooth
- Composite resin material will be applied
- The material will be cured
- The tooth will be polished upon completion of the procedure
Is Dental Bonding Painful?
Dental bonding isn’t a painful procedure – Dr. Manson won’t need to work anywhere near sensitive nerves inside your tooth.
Anesthesia isn’t necessary for dental bonding in most cases. Temporary sensitivity may be experienced after your procedure and over-the-counter pain medication can ease any discomfort.
How Long Does Dental Bonding Last?
The longevity of dental bonding depends on several factors such as your oral habits and how many teeth need to be treated. Generally, bonding material lasts between 3 and 10 years before needing to be replaced or changed. This is highly dependent on how well you care for your teeth at home and how often you come in for professional cleanings.
What Is The Cost of Dental Bonding In Kirkland, WA?
The cost of dental bonding in Kirkland, WA is between $300 to $600 per tooth. This can change depending on your unique case. Costs can differ depending on whether or not your insurance will cover the cost. Dental bonding that is considered a cosmetic dental treatment is typically not covered by insurance.
Dr. Manson will advise you on all dental bonding costs.
Start Your Smile Journey Today!
At Manson & Chi Dentistry, we provide you with a cosmetic treatment plan customized to your dental needs as well as your budget. There’s no one solution that’s right for everyone. Our cosmetic dentist in Kirkland will work closely with you to tailor your plan so it can be a reality for your needs as well as your budget.
Your New Smile Starts Here
Think you’ve found your dental home?
Give us a call. We’ll take great care of you!